Enjoy a sustainable holiday with the children
Holiday together at the Thurnerhof in Saalbach
Nature conservation and sustainability play an important role at the Thurnerhof. We are very conscious of the good fortune and responsibility associated with living in a region which, with its unique beauty, is always captivating visitors from all over the world anew. Crystal clear mountain streams, lush green meadows, remote mountain peaks, dense forests … the Glemm valley is a place where you can experience alpine nature with all the senses. Our hotel’s concepts and work processes are defined by agricultural roots as well as our love of our home region and close association with nature’s annual cycle. A keen sense of nature, being open to new things, living in the heart of green mountain meadows – a sustainable holiday with children par excellence!
A sustainable summer holiday in Saalbach
Close to nature, careful with nature – we live by these principles at the Thurnerhof 4-star hotel and we are therefore proud to present some of the environmentally friendly measures which we have already implemented:
- Heating system using local wood (the heat generated is used to heat the rooms, water, for the air conditioning and the pool)
- Water from our own mountain spring – the entire hotel is supplied by four springs and thanks to the slope of the ground does not require the use of a pump
- Two E-charging points for cars
- We get our milk and meat from the farm next door – our cousin Josef Kröll supplies us with the best fresh products daily
- Organic sheep’s milk products from a farmer in Vorderglemm
- We have been awarded the Austrian Ecolabel (Österreichisches Umweltzeichen) as well as the EU-Ecolabel
- We are an AMA GOURMET REGION (AMA GENUSS REGION) business
- Careful and conscious selection of suppliers, products, decorative elements and continuous improvement of processes are a matter of course for us
It is very important to us to preserve nature’s beauty for future generations and we will therefore incorporate various measures in our concepts in the future. For us, our guests and our environment!
Eco-friendly tourism in Saalbach – The Green Road
Saalbach – in the “Home of Lässig” – is regarded as one of the top holiday destinations in the Alps and offers modern infrastructure, a wide choice of recreational activities and a unique natural landscape in summer as well as winter. The majestic mountain peaks which impressively frame the valley are a wonderful setting for the flower-filled meadows. A landscape which impresses the whole family and is perfect for skiing, hiking, cycling and adventures together. The region is also committed to operating the various facilities as environmentally friendly and sustainably as possible and to ensuring that tourism is also eco-friendly and resource-efficient in the future. The Green Road initiative presents innovative concepts as well as various planned and implemented measures. A brief summary:
- Free use of public transport in the Pinzgau with the JOKER CARD (in summer)
- Free use of the ski bus throughout the valley with valid ski pass (in winter)
- Extended network of E-charging points for cars throughout the valley
- Photovoltaic systems on cable car buildings
- Geothermal and air heat pumps for heating of ski lift stops and piste equipment garages
- Innovative techniques for efficient work procedures
- Multiple use of resources used
- Green events
- and much more
Are you interested in a sustainable holiday in Austria? You can see a summary of the measures already implemented here.
Great package offers for memorable summer holidays
A sustainable holiday with the children at the best price – we have put together various packages which include our most popular services. At the Thurnerhof you can enjoy a familiar natural ambience, elegant alpine cosiness and the finest 4-star service. As well as:
Send us a non-binding enquiry and we can put together your own personal holiday offer for your time with your loved ones in the mountains. See you soon in Saalbach!