Your skiing holiday with children in Saalbach Hinterglemm
The ski-circus for families
Skiing is a wonderful family activity that can be such fun for both the young and the young-at-heart! The perfect place to enjoy winter together is the huge Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn, one of the biggest connected ski-areas in the country and home to numerous child-friendly slopes and attractions. A skiing holiday with children in Saalbach Hinterglemm promises a brilliant time for everyone – and the Thurnerhof is the ideal family-friendly base!
Easy pistes for beginners
Not all beginnings have to be difficult! Many of the 270 kilometres of pistes in the huge ski-circus are particularly easy to ski, i.e. are marked blue. Blue pistes may have some steeper sections, but they tend to be flat and wide, and this is what is so important for less experienced skiers and snowboarders. Combined with good accessibility, i.e. direct connections to the countless lifts in the winter sports region, everything is set for you to enjoy pure alpine pleasure. Our recommendations for beginners:
- Hinterglemm Practice Lifts: Two tow lifts in the centre of Hinterglemm take you to quiet, flat slopes for those first turns.
- Turmwiese Saalbach: In the centre of Saalbach, a chairlift leads to piste 152 with an even gradient – ideal for practising, and with a magnificent view of the village.
- Wieshoflift: This platter lift is located just before entering Hinterglemm. A short, beginner-friendly slope awaits you, next to the road.
- Leogang Practice Lifts: Near the valley, three lifts lead to very flat slopes. Only at the Schantei platter lift are there short, minimally steeper sections, which should still be manageable without any problems.
- Maiskopf Lift: In Fieberbrunn, too, there are lovely scenic attractions combined with easy skiing. The Maiskopf tow lift is a great place to practise!
- Oberer Bernkogel: The first section of piste 146 is notably flat at the top. Should the following part be too steep, you can quickly return to the valley using the Bernkogelbahn.
Ski schools and ski rental
For those who do not yet have any skiing experience, or who want to take up skiing again after a long time, or even improve existing skills, the Skicircus ski schools are the place to go! Many ski schools have specialised in child-friendly offers and courses. Large children’s areas, and even ski-kindergartens, foster the enthusiasm for snow, even in the youngest children. In a group with children of the same age, it is, of course, twice as much fun! Highly skilled ski-instructors teach the necessary knowledge. At the end of the course, there is a big ski-race with lots of cheering! Alternatively, private lessons can be booked for the whole family to start together, for example.
The Thurnerhof team will be pleased to recommend the ideal ski school for you in our family ski-area, here in the province of Salzburg. We can also offer tips on the right ski rental at the start. Together with selected partners, we ensure that you can enjoy a careless holiday, even without equipment, and that you can always use the latest equipment. In Saalbach and Hinterglemm, you will find several ski rentals and ski shops. Our tip: in many places you can reserve skis, helmets, etc., online in advance to ensure you will have the right size of equipment ready to pick up.
Please remember to book ski courses well in advance of your holiday. We recommend you:
Ski school snow & fun and Heli´s ski school in Hinterglemm.
Attractions for the young and the young-at-heart
In addition to the classic, beginner-friendly slopes, there are many other ways to enjoy your skiing holiday with children to the full in Saalbach Hinterglemm. The following tips for older and younger children, for the more, or the less experienced skiers and snowboarders, take -in all the great advantages of the ski-circus from a family-friendly perspective:
- Funslope Zwölferkogel: Regardless of how much experience you already have on skis, fun is guaranteed with the Funslope Zwölfer and the Funslope U-Bahn! Waves, snow-snails and steep turns offer fantastic entertainment. Children also look forward to a visit from Slopy who lives on the Funslope and is happy to pose for a souvenir photo.
- Learn-to-Ride Park: Many tricky and exciting parks and slopes await discovery throughout the Skicircus. On the Bernkogel, beginners carefully approach the freeride experience. Jumps, boxes and mini-kickers await to be mastered.
- SkiMovie-Piste: Short action films are made and recorded at the U9 Unterschwarzachbahn (Hinterglemm), as well as at the L8 Almbahn 4er (Leogang). Simply register at the start with your ski-pass, wait for the signal and off you go! Cameras accompany all skiers and record professional videos. Children and teenagers will quickly become SkiMovie stars!
- Family Park U-Bahn: This park, with its countless jumps and slides, is also great for rookie freestylers and young skiers. The family-friendly area is particularly suitable for beginners, but also has one or two tricky obstacles!
- Kids Winter Challenge: The challenge for young explorers leads through Saalbach Hinterglemm in a great variety of ways. Tobogganing tours, summit hikes with the mountain lifts, the Baumzipfelweg (treetop way) and the Märchenwald (fairytale forest) are complemented by selected downhill runs, fun slopes and snow-trails throughout the ski-area.
Families love the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn with its wide range of activities for the young and not-quite-so-young. The Thurnerhof is situated in the middle of the winter magic and offers short distances to the various lifts and slopes.
Our free ski-shuttle can take you directly to the ski-school and valley-station of your choice. When can we look forward to welcoming you to the Thurnerhof?