Freeriding and Freestyle in Saalbach
SPACE, PEACE AND SNOW AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE!
Saalbach Hinterglemm, the Home of Lässig, is called this for a good reason – “lässig” can be translated as “laid back, cool”. Two worlds come together here to form an inspiring large whole. Freestyle and freeriding belong to Saalbach. 70 ultra-modern lifts open-up exciting and inspiring deep-snow slopes to all freeriding fans. Without major climbs, and thanks to the mountain lifts in the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn, it is very easy to venture into unsupervised freeride terrain. Glittering powder snow, perfect lines and breathtaking off-piste action, with Fieberbrunn as a freeriders’ mecca, leave nothing to be desired for freeriding enthusiasts.
IN THE SKICIRCUS SAALBACH HINTERGLEMM LEOGANG FIEBERBRUNN, FREERIDE FANS REALLY GET THEIR MONEY’S WORTH! THE OFFER IS CONSTANTLY BEING EXPANDED AND MORE FREERIDE PARKS, AREAS AND ROUTES, AS WELL AS CHECKPOINTS ARE BEING ADDED. DEDICATED CAMPS AND EVENTS HIGHLIGHT THE IMPORTANCE OF FREERIDING IN SAALBACH.
Freeride workshops for deep snow fans
Safety first! The ski schools and mountain guides in Saalbach Hinterglemm offer a variety of camps and workshops, which give comprehensive training on off-piste behaviour for freeriders of all ages and abilities. Proper preparation for off-piste skiing is crucial. Precise knowledge of one’s own avalanche protection equipment and how to handle it, the correct reading of the avalanche warning report, as well as understanding one’s own limits, are taught to freeriders and freestylers in these workshops.
Fun-parks in the Skicircus
Massive snowpark action is a must in the Skicircus, at the place where freestyle is at home in Saalbach. Beginner-friendly and professional at the same time, always varied, and even great for spectators – here you can go on the ride of your life, with skis and snowboard:
- NITRO SNOWPARK in Leogang: Lots of rails and boxes, GoPro Bagjump. The special highlight is the seven-metre-high curve – a very special experience.
- LEARN-TO-RIDE PARK in Saalbach: This park is particularly suitable for freestyle beginners practising their first jumps on snowboards or free skis.
- FREERIDE PARK in Leogang: Freeride and freestyle meet here. Wide, natural slopes collide with groomed obstacles for ground-breaking jumps.
- FAMILY PARK U-BAHN in Hinterglemm: The perfect choice for families at the Unterschwarzachbahn where both ramps for beginners and pro challenges can be found.
Ready for even more freeride power?
Naturally, this is by no means all that Saalbach has to offer in terms of freestyle and freeriding action and fun! The next snow-ride is not far away and these are the undisputed top elements:
- Freeride routes: There are plenty of routes for riders, such as the particularly popular Lärchfilzkogel, the south-side of the Reiterkogel, the Hochalmspitze, as well as the Reckmoos Nord – depending on the snow and weather conditions.
- Freeride Park: The previously mentioned park at the Muldenbahn in Leogang surprises with its obstacles and kicks which are seamlessly integrated into the natural terrain.
- Info Point: Several information points throughout the entire ski-circus offer helpful materials and maps for your tour planning.
- Avalanche transceiver training fields: The use of your own avalanche transceiver should ideally be practised. At the Zillstatt lift and Schattberg summit, you will find your own search fields.
- Avalanche transceiver check-point: Is my device actually working? At selected mountain-stations, check-points automatically check the transmission function.
The freeride and freestyle experience in Saalbach Hinterglemm can be enjoyed to the max in so many exciting ways!
Right in the middle of this amazing off-piste world is the Thurnerhof, the top address for everything that makes skiing and winter holidays so exciting and so wonderful.
We will be delighted to receive your non-obligatory enquiry!