A Varied MTB Holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm
Where bikers’ dreams come true!
A warm welcome to Austria’s biggest biking region! An MTB holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm promises to be a unique adventure on two wheels! Nine state-of-the-art mountain lifts on seven mountains offer access to more than 90 km of trails and lines – for beginners, but also for professionals who seek a special challenge. Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn has been the home of breathtaking bike-parks for a very long time. Here, top-class bike events take place and the perfect infrastructure for the next generation is offered, too. Right at the centre of this is the address for your next biking holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm, the Thurnerhof, with its numerous MTB benefits throughout your stay.
Welcome to biking paradise!
Really one is spoilt for choice. With more than 400 km of bike and MTB routes, as well as countless lines and trails – where does one begin! The interactive touring map at www.saalbach.com offers a perfect overview of all the region‘s offers and include tips for each experience level. Your bicycle professionals in the Thurnerhof recommend the following routes for your next mountain-biking holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm:
- Talschluss-Runde (valley-end circuit): This pleasant tour is the perfect start. Numerous huts along the way, several climbs and descents, as well as a small single trail are the ideal introduction to the MTB region.
- Panorama-Alm: A very comfortable circuit offering a moderate ascent and absolutely wonderful views. You can really enjoy the panorama here. Several tour extensions and even a trail or two make for a delightful ride.
- BIG-5 Bike Challenge: The most beautiful trails, the most exciting descents and the best bike-parks in an all-round carefree package – with the five mountain lifts, the ultimate Saalbach bike challenge asks to be tackled in one spectacular day.
The JOKER CARD is the ultimate bonus ticket for your mountain-biking holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm and, what is more, the cost of it is already included in your Thurnerhof holiday price! Perfect for mastering this and many other routes. Amongst other things, you can transport yourself and your bicycle on the summer mountain lifts twice-a-day free-of-charge and, furthermore, you will be given a 20% discount on all the bike tickets in the region.
The most thrilling lines & trails
The Home of Lässig offers pure action for beginners and professionals! Beginners’ trails and real pro-lines lead to tricky terrain, to natural and artificial obstacles, through forests and over gnarled roots. At www.saalbach.com, you will find a complete overview of the trail offers. We recommend:
- Learn-to-Ride Park: This is a family-friendly bike-park – a great way to get a feel for the bike offers. Miniature versions of the most popular trails introduce you to the downhill experience.
- Blue-Line: Freeriding beginners will get to grips really well on the Reiterkogel. Easy jumps and steep bends gently prepare the freeriders for the next challenges.
- Wurzel-Trail (Root Trail): On this natural trail, the name says it all! Countless rooted passages lead over a bumpy route – ideal for the fine-tuning of your own riding technique.
- Pro-Line: Narrow forest paths, rocky passages, doubles, tables, drops, and a whole lot more, offer professionals a perfect playground. This is, naturally, the reason why the Pro-Line is often used for top-class bike contests.
- X-Line: A distance of more than 6 km, and an altitude difference of 1,025 metres, make X-Line one of the longest freeride routes in Europe. The flowing single trail entrance is deceptive because, after that, it gets really tricky!
The perfect introduction to the bike circus is HELI’s; at the Thurnerhof partner, mountain-bikes can be rented and cycling courses booked for any age.
More information: helisbike.onlineshop.ws
Bike Events in the Home of Lässig
In recent years, Saalbach Hinterglemm has been able to host numerous World Cup events, and even World Championships. In addition, there are two annual fixed events that attract both amateurs and professionals to the Home of Lässig and which skilfully enhance every mountain-bike holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm.
- Glemmride Bike Festival: Downhill races, Big-Air contests, new material that you can test, a big expo-area, as well as numerous side-events, all make the Saalbach summer the ultimate bike-happening.
- World Games of Mountain-Biking: Four marathon distances, for amateurs and professionals, for youngsters, and for e-bikers, will decide who is the ‘World Games Champion’ in September. Endurance is a must on the Pinzgauer Grasberge.
Boredom is unheard of during a mountain-bike holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm. Thanks to the ideal location, not far from the various routes and mountain lifts, as well as the attractive advantages in the hotel itself – with the JOKER CARD being the icing on the cake – the Thurnerhof is the ideal address for a holiday on two wheels in the Home of Lässig. Please request a non-obligatory holiday offer today!